The YCC is excited for several events & symposia occurring at the San Diego meeting:
• Tuesday August 27th, Going with the Flow of Water: Career Paths and Journeys symposia in Indigo 206, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
• Join us for the YCC Pop Up Bar Event from 7-9pm on Sunday at Thorn Brewing Co..
• YCC Fun Run sponsored by DuPont will start at 6:45am in front the of the SDCC. Space is limited, so register online or onsite soon.
• Sunday 5pm: Diversity Reception will be the place to be to see some of the great upcoming scientists share their research while networking with leaders from across the ACS. Located in the Indigo Ballroom DH, Hilton San Diego Bayfront.
Membership Engagement (ME)
We would like to highlight efforts occurring both at the National Meeting and during the rest of the year:
Going with the Flow of Water: Career Paths and Journeys*
GIO recognizes younger chemists through a series of awards and encourages advocacy through a variety of events:
• We have set up internal liaisons for committees and divisions to allow for better collaboration with YCC. Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Congratulations to our Spring 2018 CIBA Award Winners:
➢ Sarah Petter, Organosulfates from dark reactions of isoprene epoxydiols in cloud and fog water, Aug. 31st, 10:50 AM, Room 28E, SDCC
➢ Kelsey Stoerzinger, Linking oxide surface composition and structure to reactivity, Aug. 26th, 8:00 AM, Room 1B, SDCC