Most professionals and educators understand the importance of safe chemical management in today’s world. Unfortunately, many undergraduate, graduate, and secondary education programs do not provide equal coverage of this critical competency.
Join Professor of Chemical Education Susan Wiediger of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and Safety Education Consultant Samuella B. Sigmann as they discuss the fundamentals and best practices for chemical management, highlighting avenues for individuals to pursue more knowledge.
This ACS Webinar is moderated by Amanda Chung, Chemical Hygiene Officer at the University of North Texas and is co-produced with the ACS Division of Chemical Health & Safety and the Committee on Chemical Safety.
Presenters were Susan Wiediger, Professor, Chemical Education, Department of Chemistry, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and Samuella B. Sigmann, Safety Education Consultant & Past Stockroom, Director, and Chemical Hygiene Officer, Appalachian State University (Retired).
What You Will Learn
- How and why to organize chemicals based on hazard categories
- Best practices for upkeep and maintenance of chemical storage areas
- Essential information needed for inventory management including best labeling practices for secondary containers
- The recording of this webinar is available at https://www.acs.org/acs-webinars/library/manage-chemicals.html
- You can download the presentation file here: