Diversity Equality Inclusiveness Respect
Diversity and inclusion in the workforce brings significant value to the employer. Diversity in society broadens perspective, improves person to person socializing and creates a culture of openness and growth. ACS has pledged to advance and embrace inclusion in chemistry, which includes promoting our core value of DEIR, identifying and dismantling barriers to success, and creating a welcoming environment so that all ACS members, employees, and volunteers can thrive.
The event is co-hosted by:
- Division of Chemical Health and Safety (CHAS)
- Division of Business Development and Management (BMGT)
- Division of Small Chemical Businesses (SCHB)
- ACS Committee on Chemical Safety (CCS)
- Board Committee on Corporation Associates (CA)
- ACS Committee on Meetings & Expositions
- ACS Department of Diversity Programs
This networking event is a DEIR conversation. Please join us.
When: 10:00 am – 11:00 am PDT, WEDNESDAY 21 APRIL during the ACS Spring Meeting
Where: Meeting Zoom Portal CHAS Networking Link
The agenda is a work in progress. This is an open conversation, with limited formal presentation.
- DEIR – challenges we must recognize and overcome.
- Joining a conversation is difficult – we welcome all questions.
- Recognizing “other” – how to empathize with people who come from different backgrounds.
- Personal pronouns – how and why to use these.
- The long haul – improving DEIR in our profession.