Diversity Equality Inclusiveness Respect
Diversity and inclusion in the workforce brings significant value to the employer. Diversity in society broadens perspective, improves person to person socializing and creates a culture of openness and growth. ACS has pledged to advance and embrace inclusion in chemistry, which includes promoting our core value of DEIR, identifying and dismantling barriers to success, and creating a welcoming environment so that all ACS members, employees, and volunteers can thrive.
A group met to discuss the DEIR challenges in Chemistry and Environmental Health and Safety in April, 2021. The slides used to lead the discussion are shown here.
The event was co-hosted by:
- Division of Chemical Health and Safety (CHAS)
- Division of Business Development and Management (BMGT)
- Division of Small Chemical Businesses (SCHB)
- ACS Committee on Chemical Safety (CCS)
- Board Committee on Corporation Associates (CA)
- ACS Committee on Meetings & Expositions
- ACS Department of Diversity Programs